Our week of impact is March 6-12 and The Junior League of Boca Raton works in the community to help improve and support it in many ways! During week of impact, we are partnering with I Support the Girls to host a Bra and Hygiene Drive because no woman should have to decide between feeding herself and her own personal health. The essential items collected will benefit individuals experiencing homelessness, impoverishment or distress.
All donations will benefit organizations in our local community, including the Guatemalan-Maya Center, Place of Hope and Women in Distress.
- Bra Drive: New or gently used bras of any kind (including sports, nursing, training and mastectomy bras) are needed. You may either shop locally or visit our Amazon wishlist
- Hygiene Drive: Pads, tampons, menstrual cups and wipes are needed. You may either shop locally or visit our Amazon wishlist
If you are planning to shop on Amazon, please have your donation mailed to (Your Name) c/o Junior League of Boca Raton, 261 NW 13th St., Boca Raton, FL 33432. If you are shopping locally or hosting your own drive, please place your items in plastic bags and drop them off at the VCRC between March 3 and 10, 2022.
We always have volunteer shifts for our members, but during week of impact we have an entire week that we fill with lots of opportunities. This year our week of impact includes.
- Clean-up at the Boca Raton Community Garden
- Cereal Drive with Farmworker Coordinating Council of Palm Beach County
- Packing food for Boca Helping Hands
- Writing letters of encouragement for Joe Dimaggio’s Children’s Hospital
- Little Black Dress initiative. Click here for more details.
If you’re interested in making a positive difference in your community, consider becoming a member of the Junior League of Boca Raton. Click here to learn how!