Requirements of a JLBR Member
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Boca Raton. We are honored you are considering being a part of our organization.
The Junior League of Boca Raton is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. We reach out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate a commitment to volunteerism. In order to become a member of the Junior League of Boca Raton, you must complete a comprehensive training program which allows you to learn about our League structure and programs, as well as experience some of our community programs first-hand. Once you have completed the training, you will become an active member. As an active member you will have the opportunity to work on some amazing projects that the Junior League of Boca Raton has committed to helping for the year. Examples of some of our projects are:
- In the Pines
- Florence Fuller Child Development Centers
- Spirit of Giving Network
- KITK (Kids in the Kitchen)
- Boca Raton Community Garden
- Diaper Bank
- Vegso Community Resource Center
* For a complete description of our current projects, please click here. Working on these projects will not only allow you to give back to our community, but it will give you insight into community needs and opportunities, provide training for effective community leadership, and allow you to interact with community leaders. In addition, you will develop relationships and friendships with your fellow league members. The requirements of an active member are:
- Attend 5 monthly general membership meetings held the 2nd Tuesday of each month 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Participate in a JLBR project for the year and attend committee meetings.
- Volunteer a minimum of 6 hours with our Community Projects
- Volunteer a minimum of 4 hours to a JLBR Fundraiser
- Annual dues: $167.00
- Financial commitment $100.00
If you have a passion for improving our community and would like to lean more about the Junior League of Boca Raton, we invite you to attend one of our Open Houses and our new member class in August. Please fill out the information below and someone will contact you. If you have any questions please contact the Junior League of Boca Raton at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 620-2553. Click Here for the online application for membership.